- Blog with a purpose!
- Update this blog when I make progress on my resolutions (look for the "Goals" tag).
- Be more organized and reduce the amount of crap I own.
- Read and implement Zen To Done habits.
- Get rid of anything I didn't use last year.
- Unclutter up my desk and keep it clean.
- Use the time saved to further my other resolutions.
- Increase exercise and personal fitness.
- Do 30 minutes 3 times a week (minimum) of aerobic or weight training exercise.
- Do 5-15 minutes of yoga every day.
- Follow a healthier diet (less junk/fast food and caffeine).
- Reduce caffeine and carbonation consumption to "weekends only".
- Only eat out at lunch once a week.
- "Live Intelligently"
- Research environmental impact and energy use of major purchases.
- Increase the energy efficiency of my house.
- Reduce energy consumption at the data center where I work.
- Bring virtualization to the production environment.
- Server consolidation to reduce electricity and heating costs.
- Increase efficiency by utilizing higher voltage power configurations (400/230V AC).
- Reduce the amount of information that I try (and fail) to consume everyday.
- Prune my RSS feed reader by 50% in January, then set a maximum amount of time a day to read. Adjust feeds weekly based on interests and time allotted.
- Reduce my personal email accounts to one.
- Reduce the number of podcast subscriptions in iTunes.
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Happy New Year!
For my first post of the year, I will lay out my Resolutions for 2008: